NADA Conference Friday November 8th 2019
Doubletree Hilton Hotel, Granary Wharf,2 Wharf Approach, Leeds LS1 4BR
NADA is the Organisation which represents all professional dental advisers including NHS England, CQC, Denplan, LDC’s, LDN’s, corporate groups, GDC, BSA, NCAS, HEE and any other professional adviser groups.
Feedback from delegates from the 2018 Conference was that this is the only forum whereby professional dental advisers from various groups can meet and network. The feedback indicated that delegates were happy with the format of the conference and the afternoon workshop was well received. The format of the day will be a series of updates from NHSE, Office of the CDO, GDC, HEE and the BSA.
Prior to the workshop facilitated by the GDC we have Wendy Thompson who will give an overview on antimicrobial stewardship followed by Raj Rattan from Dental Protection and Ian Gordon from Dentasure to give us a dento legal perspective
The workshop will be facilitated by Farzeela Merali Rupani who is a Clinical Case Examiner from the GDC. Delegates will be able to look at case studies of registrants referred to the GDC (redacted) and will explore the issues of consistency in report writing and the key elements of what constitutes a ‘good report’.
Delegates indicated that they were still in favour of a one-day conference with AGM and evening meal the preceding night. The informal evening meal will begin with a drinks and canapes reception at 7.30pm in the fabulous rooftop Sky Lounge with spectacular views over the city followed by the meal at 8pm in the private dining suite adjacent to the Sky Lounge and magical entertainment from Raj Rattan.
We have booked the Doubletree Hilton Hotel which is located on the waterfront of the Leeds Liverpool canal for Friday November 8th 2019. This is a superb conference suite with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the canal.
The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel is situated on the waterside Granary Wharf area, only 2 minutes’ walk from Leeds railway station (exit via the Southern Entrance) and 7 minutes’ walk from the shopping district. The hotel has a limited number of parking spaces (50) available on a first come first served basis.
- David Geddes: Director of Primary Care Commissioning NHS England
- Eric Rooney: Deputy Chief Dental Officer Office of the CDO
- John Milne: Senior Clinical Dental Adviser CQC
- Nishma Sharma: Clinical Dental Adviser Office of the CDO
- James Spencer: Post Graduate Dental Dean HEE Yorkshire & The Humber
- John Cullinane: Head of Adjudication-Fitness to Practise at the GDC
- Paul Gray: Senior Clinical Adviser BSA
- Wendy Thompson: Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Raj Rattan: Dental Director Dental Protection
- Ian Gordon: Managing Director Alpha Vitality Group
- Farzeela Merali Rupani: Clinical Case Examiner at the GDC